DRAWING FOR CONTROLLED MUZZLELOADER DEER HUNT TO BE HELD
COLUMBUS, OH – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife will be conducting a drawing for a special deer hunt to be held on Transportation Research Center, Inc. (TRC) managed property in southern Logan County during the 2008 Statewide Muzzleloader Deer Season (December 27 – December 30).
Hunters may kill deer of either sex at this hunt. As is true for all Division of Wildlife Controlled Hunts, Antlerless Deer Permits will be valid for this hunt. Hunters should note that this hunt occurs in White-Tailed Deer Hunting Zone B. Hunters using the appropriate combination of either sex and antlerless permits may harvest up to 4 deer in Zone B per license year. Hunters must temporarily tag each deer before harvesting additional deer.
Approximately 1,500 acres of the TRC managed land will be open for this controlled deer hunt. To participate in the drawing, interested applicants must:
• Send a postcard no larger than 4” x 6” addressed to:
ODNR DIVISION OF WILDLIFE
TRC MUZZLELOADER DEER HUNT
1500 DUBLIN RD.
COLUMBUS, OH 43215
• Before applying, all applicants must purchase a 2008 Ohio Hunting License and Deer Permit (and/or applicable Apprentice licenses).
• All postcards must include the applicant’s clearly printed name, address, and the last 6 digits of the Transaction # listed on their 2008 Ohio Deer Hunting Permit.
• All postcards must be received at the Wildlife District One office by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, November 26th, 2008.
• Only one postcard may be submitted per hunter’s name. Those submitting more than one postcard will be disqualified.
A random drawing will be held at the Division of Wildlife’s District One Office and successful applicants will be notified by mail during the second week of December. Each applicant drawn will receive two TRC Deer Hunting Access Permits: one for themselves and one for a hunting partner.
Hunters will be assigned to one specific hunting day and hunting unit within the TRC managed property. Hunters must abide by all rules and regulations that apply to the Statewide Muzzleloader Deer Season, as well as any additional rules that are assigned to the TRC controlled deer hunt.