Coastal Resources Advisory Council
Mission: To advise the Director of ODNR on the Ohio Coastal Management Program and to promote, protect, enhance, and encourage the wise use of Lake Erie's coastal resources and its watershed.
The Coastal Resources Advisory Council is defined in Ohio Revised Code Section 1506.12 to:
Advise the director on coastal management laws.
Recommend to the director such policies and legislation as are necessary to preserve, protect, develop, and restore or enhance the coastal resources of the state;
Review and make recommendations to the director on the development of policies, plans and programs for long-term, comprehensive coastal resource management, including, without limitation, the coastal management program document.
Recommend to the director ways to enhance cooperation among governmental agencies.
- Full Council: Thursday May 10, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: City of Avon's Avon Isle facility, 37080 Detroit Road, Avon, OH.
- Agenda: TBA
The 19 members of the Coastal Resources Advisory Council are appointed to four-year terms by the ODNR director in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 1506.12. Members represent a broad range of interests, experience, and knowledge relating to the management, use, conservation, protection and development of coastal area resources.
The council is required to have at least one member from each shoreline county (Lucas, Sandusky, Ottawa, Erie, Lorain, Cuyahoga, Lake and Ashtabula) and at least one shall be a public official of such a county; at least three individuals who own private littoral property in a shoreline county; at least one public official of a municipal corporation that is located in a shoreline county; at least two individuals who are members of the Ohio association of realtors and whose places of business as specified in section 4735.16 of the Revised Code are located in the shoreline area; and at least two individuals with experience in residential and commercial land development in the shoreline area. Additionally, no more than ten members of the council shall be from the same political party.
Minutes prior to February 2009 may be obtained by contacting the Office of Coastal Management at 419-626-7980.
- December 6, 2012 -
- August 23, 2012 - contact the OCM (draft)
- May 3, 2012 - contact the OCM (final)
- February 9, 2012 - contact the OCM (final)
- November 3, 2011 - Mentor Beach Park, Mentor-on-the-Lake - Final
- Letter to Director in Re: State Route 531 Slope Stabilization Project, Ashtabula County (included in meeting minutes)
- August 4, 2011 - Office of Coastal Management - Final
- May 5, 2011 - University of Toledo Lake Erie Center - Final
- February 3, 2011 - CanalWay Center, Cleveland Metroparks - Final
- November 4, 2010 - Eastlake City Hall, Eastlake - Draft
- August 12, 2010 - Gibraltar Island, Put-in-Bay - Final
- May 6, 2010 - Black River Landing, Lorain - Final
- February 4, 2010 - CanalWay Nature Center - Final
- November 2009 - Old Woman Creek NERR - Final
- August 2009 - North Perry Village Town Hall - Final
- May 2009 - Port Clinton Moose Lodge - Final
- February 2009 - Cleveland Lakefront State Park - Final