Before the SeismoGraf System software can be installed a Station Folder (Directory) needs to be created on the Macintosh hard drive.
- Double click the "Macintosh HD" icon on the Desktop
- The "Macintosh HD" window should be open and active. Go to the upper left corner of the desktop screen and single click on "File" to open the drop down menu
- Click on "New Folder." A new folder labled "Untitled Folder" should appear in the "Macintosh HD" window with high lighted text.
- Enter a name for this folder with a name like "xxxx_Station", where "xxxx" is the station name, such as "AAMC". The Station Folder is now created.
- Open the "xxxx_Station" Folder and create four new subfolders. These subfolders will be where the SeismoGraf System software writes data. Name these subfolders exactly as shown below:
- Locate the CD-ROM containing the SeismoGraf System software and place it in the CD disk drive.
- On the CD find the folder titled "Place these in Station Folder", double click to open.
- In the "Place these in Station Folder" four applications (programs) should be found:
Copy these files (Drag and Drop) from the CD to the xxxx_Station folder on the Macintosh HD.
The SeismoGraf System software was originally designed for earlier versions of the Macintosh Operating System. As a result the memory requirements for each application need to be changed in order to run properly on OS 8.6.
- Go to xxxx_Station and click once on the SeismoGraf icon to high light the application.
- Go to the upper left corner of the desktop screen and single click on "File" to open the drop down menu.
- Mouse over "Get Info", then mouse over and click "Memory." There should be a window open that shows the Memory Requirements of the SeismoGraf application.
- Go to the "Preferred Size:" text field and change the value to 1800.
- Go to the "Minimum Size:" text field and change the value to 600.
- Close Memory Window.
- Following the same procedure as above change the memory requirements for SeismoView and GPSgraf applications, using the same minimum and preferred size values. Epilocator does not require any changes to its memory requirements.
Before SeismoGraf System software can be used the SeismoGraf application needs to be customized for the Station location. See the section on "Customizing the SeismoGraf Application."
Last update March 12, 2003
Ohio Seismic Network http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/OhioSeis