July 13, 2006
2006 SOUTHEAST OHIO TREE CARE CONFERENCE
SET FOR AUGUST 4 IN ATHENS
ATHENS, OH - The Southeast Ohio Tree Care Conference will be held in Athens at the Ohio Department of Natural Resources District Office on August 4th, from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The ODNR Division of Forestry and the Athens Soil & Water Conservation District are co-sponsoring the event, designed to help municipal leaders effectively manage their public trees.
Attendees will receive information on:
- Good tree selections for southeast Ohio soils and sites
- Managing slopes, no mow areas and developing prairies
- Identifying and managing invasive exotic plants along roadways
- Funding community tree care programs in tight times
- Using GIS to manage landscapes and to quantify the benefits of trees
- Ohio’s champion trees
- The Emerald Ash Borer
Speakers will include Nicole Cavender, PhD, of The Wilds, Glenn Matlack of Ohio University and Dave Gamstetter, director of the Cincinnati Park Board and Urban Forestry Department.
To register, contact Ann Bonner at 740-589-9910 or or call Cathy Bobo at 740-797-9686.