Top 5 Ohio State Park Holiday Events
Holiday time means big fun at your Ohio State Parks. Here are the top five holiday events, perfect for the entire family!
1) Candlelight Tours at Malabar Farm (Dec 9-11): Tour Louis Bromfield’s mansion, decorated in full holiday regalia, under the soft glow of candlelight. There will be freshly baked cookies and hot cider and admission is only $5 per adult and $3 per child. 5-9 PM Friday and Saturday; 11 AM – 5 PM Sunday. More information about Malabar Farm at www.malabarfarm.org
2) Christmas at Ash Cave in Hocking Hills (Dec 10): Step away from the hectic holiday season and come bundled for the weather while enjoying a lighted stroll back to Ash Cave. Once you arrive at the cave warm with refreshments by an open fire. Listen to holiday music, have the kids visit with an old fashion Santa, or help to decorate the wildlife Christmas tree. The event runs from 5-7 PM and admission is free! Get more details on Ash Cave at: www.heartofhocking.com/Ash_Cave_Hiking_Trail.htm
3) Lake Hope Trail of Lights (Dec 1-31): Experience over 75,000 lights in dozens of displays around the quarter-mile trail by the Lake Hope Nature Center. Santa will be making an appearance December 9, 10, 16, and 17. There will be horse-drawn wagon rides December 10 and 17. The Trail of Lights is open every evening in December from 6 – 10 PM. It’s free to attend, but donations are encouraged. Get more details at www.lakehopestatepark.com/lights.html
4) Christmas at Quail Hollow (Dec 8-10): Enjoy a self-guided tour through the decorated 40-room Manor House where you will also find cookies and hot wassail, live entertainment, and a visit with Santa. There will also be wagon rides and a chance to make your own ornament! The Quail’s Nest Gift Shop will also be stocked with new holiday gift items for those loved ones on your list. Admission is $2.00 for 18 years and older and hours run 6 – 9 pm. Get more information at www.quailhollowpark.org.
5) Alum Creek Fantasy of Lights (through Jan 1): Light up your winter nights with a tour of the Alum Creek State Park campground, all lit up for the holidays! The kids can even visit Santa’s house, located nearby. There will also be free hot chocolate and cookies for the family. This is the 12th year for this exciting central Ohio attraction. Price for admission is $10/car Monday-Thursday; $15 Friday-Sunday. Part of the proceeds go to benefit Recreation Unlimited. See more details and pricing at www.alumcreek.com/fol/index.html.
What are some of your favorite outdoors holiday traditions? Share them in the comment box below or join the discussion on our Facebook page.