Ohio State Park offer trails for all levels of hikers. From short trails to day hikes, your Ohio state parks have it all.
What You Should Know
- For long hikes, bring water and and a high-energy snack, dress in layers and wear sturdy footwear.
- Shorter nature walks, bring field guides, binoculars and a camera.
Wheelchair accessible paved trails are offered at:
- Adams Lake
- Ash Cave in Hocking Hills
- Quail Hollow
Accessible boardwalk trails are offered at Maumee Bay’s Nature Center
Many state park trails are multiple use • Be on the lookout for horseback riders or mountain bikers on bridle or multi-use trails
Pets on a leash are allowed on most trails
- Follow the blue blazes on the signs
Backpackers must register with the park office • Camping is allowed in designated areas • Pack out all trash and litter
Winter is a great time to hit the trail
- Try one of our popular guided winter hikes, or strike out on your own
- Dress for the weather, wear warm and sturdy boots, and watch for ice!