How do I make a reservation at Ohio State Parks?
- From the web site click on any Make a reservation button • Locate the type of lodging and park you prefer and follow the instructions
- From any individual park site, click on the appropriate reservation button (Reserve a campsite, Reserve a getaway, Reserve a cottage, or Reserve a lodge)
- Call toll-free 866-OHIOPARKS (1-866-644-6727) to make a reservation for camping at any state park campground, getaway rentals (Rent-A-Camp, Rent-A-RV, yurts, tepees, camper cabins, and cedar cabins), and cottages at Buck Creek, Burr Oak, Cowan Lake, Dillon, Hocking Hills, Lake Hope, Mohican, Pike Lake, and Pymatuning state parks. Hearing impaired customers can call 1-866-677-2267 for assistance.
- Reservations for the lodges and cottages at Deer Creek, Maumee Bay, Punderson, Salt Fork, and and also for the resort lodge at Mohican can be made online or by calling 800-AT-A-PARK (800-282-7275)
- Reservations for the lodge at Geneva can be made online or by calling 800-801-9982
- Reservations for the lodge and cottages at Hueston Woods can be made online or by calling 888-711-4725
- Reservations for the lodge and cottages at Shawnee can be made online or by calling 888-217-2481
Can I make a reservation anytime?
- Reservations can be made online at any time, 24 hours seven days a week • The call center at 866-OHIOPARKS (1-866-644-6727) will be available from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM EST, 7 days a week
What are the earliest and latest dates that I can make a reservation to stay overnight at an Ohio State Park?
- Reservations for camping and getaway rentals can be made on the day of arrival, or up to six months in advance of the date of arrival. (e.g., January 4 would be the first day a reservation could be made for a July 4, 5, 6, stay) • At some parks, with limited staff, reservations will not be taken on the same day as arrival.
- Reservations for cottages at Buck Creek, Burr Oak, Cowan Lake, Dillon, Hocking Hills, Lake Hope, Mohican, Pike Lake and Pymatuning can be made from 12 months up to one day in advance of the date of arrival.
How much will it cost to make a reservation?
- There is a non-refundable $8.25 reservation fee for each reservation • No discounts apply to the reservation fee • Each campsite, getaway rental, or cottage rented will be considered a separate reservation.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Cancelling any portion of the reservation will cause the entire reservation to be cancelled • The campsite, getaway rental, or cottage will not be open for a new reservation transaction until the beginning of the next business day
- Campsite and getaway rental reservations that are cancelled more than 30 days before the date of arrival will lose the $8.25 reservation fee, but will be refunded the full deposit
- Reservations cancelled from 30 days up to four (4) days before arrival will lose the $8.25 reservation fee and will forfeit $10.00 from the first night stay
- Reservations cancelled three (3) days or less before the date of arrival will lose the $8.25 reservation fee, and the amount equivalent to the first night stay
- Cottage reservations cancelled more than 14 days before arrival will lose the $8.25 reservation fee, but will be refunded the full deposit • Reservations for cottages cancelled 14 days or less from the arrival date will lose the $8.25 reservation fee and the first night deposit
How much is the deposit to reserve a campsite, getaway rental, or cottage?
- Cottage, campsite and getaway rental reservations will require a deposit in the full amount of the length of the reservation stay
How many campsites, getaway rentals, or cottages can I reserve for one stay?
- Up to five campsites or cottages can be reserved per reservation per stay • However, each site must have a different person as the registered occupant • One person can pay for all of the sites • For each campsite, getaway rental, or cottage rented a separate $8.25 reservation fee will be charged
- For large groups such as camping clubs, requiring more than 5 campsites, contact the local park for special arrangements
What is a Getaway Rental?
- Getaway rentals are the other types of overnight facilities that are usually, but not always, part of the campground, including Rent-A-Camp, Rent-A-RV, yurts, tepees, camper cabins, cedar cabins, and cabents.
Can I select the specific campsite or cottage I want?
- YES - Reservations for campsites and getaway rentals at most state parks made for the summer season will be for a specific campsite or getaway rental, and will be selected at the time of reservation (Site Specific) • During the off-season or at some smaller campgrounds, campers will be reserving a vacant campsite, not a specific campsite, and the site will be assigned upon check-in at the park (Site General)
- Reservations for cottages will be for a specific cottage year round
Can I change a reservation?
- Only specific elements of a reservation can be changed. Changes to a reservation can be made for the following,
- Change the name of the registered guest
- Add a discount that was not given at the time of the reservation
- Change the specific campsite or cottage location, or change the dates of the reservation as long as the dates of the original reservation do not include any of the dates of the original reservation.
- Changes to the length of stay of any reservation will be considered a cancellation, and a new reservation must be made • This does not apply to guests who are already at the park and want to extend their stay
Do I have to make a reservation to stay overnight at an Ohio State Park?
- NO -- Reservation are not required for camping • All state parks will hold between 10% and 15% of campsites for walk-in sales only • These sites cannot be reserved • Campers arriving at a park without a reservation can select from any of the local sale sites not already rented, or from any of the reservable sites as long as no reservation has been made for that site
- Walk-in campers will NOT be charged the $8.25 reservation fee regardless of what campsite they occupy.
- Parks also will accept walk-in registrations for getaway rentals if they are available • However, it is highly recommended that a reservation for the getaway rentals be made due to their popularity
- Most cottage stays will require a reservation • Some parks may have a limited number of cottages available for walk-in usage, especially in the off season months, but there is no guarantee one will be available • Cottages can be reserved from one year in advance of the day of arrival, or up to one day prior to the date of arrival
Can I extend my stay if I am already occupying a campsite, getaway rental, or cottage?
- YES -- However, there is no guarantee that the campsite, getaway rental, or cottage will be available for an extension of stay • Since a particular campsite, getaway rental, or cottage can be reserved, it may have already been reserved for the dates you are requesting • Guests should check with the registration office as early as possible if they are considering an extension of stay • Guests are also encouraged to pay for their entire stay at the time of registration • Once a campsite, getaway rental, or cottage has been paid for, no one else can reserve it
Do I have to make a reservation for group areas or horse camps?
- Reservations are not required • However, reservations for horse camp sites can be made online or by calling 866-OHIOPARKS (866-644-6727) at the following state parks -- Barkcamp, Deer Creek, East Fork, Hueston Woods, Jefferson Lake, Malabar Farm, and Van Buren
- Sites at all other horse camps are available on a first come, first served basis
- Reservations for group areas can be made online or by calling 866-OHIOPARKS (866-644-6727) at the following state parks -- Beaver Creek, East Harbor, Hocking Hills, Hueston Woods, Mohican, Pike Lake, and Shawnee
- Reservations for all other group camps must be made by calling the individual park
Can I call 866-OHIOPARKS to reserve shelter houses, or designated group camping areas?
- YES - Designated shelter houses and group areas can be reserved online or by calling 866-OHIOPARKS (866-644-6727)
Is there a minimum stay required to make a reservation?
- YES - Minimum stay requirements vary by park and type of accommodation • That information will be displayed when you are making the reservation • In most cases a 2 night minimum stay is required when making a reservation for weekends
How many people are allowed on each campsite?
- A maximum of 6 people are allowed per campsite • Exceptions can be made for families with more than 4 children
Can I use my Golden Buckeye card to make a reservation?
- YES - Golden Buckeye cardholders can use either the call center or the Internet to make a reservation • The discount can be used for only one campsite, getaway rental unit, or cottage per reservation • The discount will be given when the reservation is made, however you will be required to show the card upon check-in at the park • The guest occupying the campsite, getaway rental, or cottage must be the same person as appears on the card
- The discount does not apply to the reservation fee.
- Golden Buckeye cardholders are eligible for a discount of 50% off the regular campsite fee Sunday through Thursday and 10% off on Friday and Saturday, or 10% off getaway rentals and cottage rates any day of the week.
Will I still be able to use my Passport America card?
- YES - Passport America cardholders are eligible for 50% off the regular campsite fees Sunday through Wednesday at participating state parks • Participating state parks are Alum Creek, Barkcamp, Blue Rock, Buck Creek, Cowan Lake, Delaware, Dillon, East Fork, Grand Lake St. Mary’s, Harrison Lake, Hueston Woods, Maumee Bay, Paint Creek, Rocky Fork, and Stonelick • The discount can be used for one campsite per reservation
- Passport America cardholders are also eligible for a 10% discount off the regular cottage fee Sunday through Thursday at Buck Creek, Cowan Lake, and Dillon state parks.
- The discount is given when the reservation is made, however you will be required to show the card upon check-in at the park • The guest occupying the campsite, getaway rental, or cottage must be the same person as appears on the card
- The discount does not apply to the reservation fee • To purchase a Passport America card, call 800-681-6810
What credit cards are accepted?
- Reservations can be made using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express credit cards, and debit and check cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo. ATM cards will not be accepted.
Can I use a check to make a reservation?
- YES - To pay for a reservation with a check, the reservation must be made at least 28 days in advance of the day of arrival, and the check must be received by the reservation company within 7 days of placing the reservation. Reservations being paid for by check must be made by contacting the reservation call center at 1-866-OHIOPARKS (1-866-644-6727). Checks are not accepted for reservations made through the web site.
What are the check-in and check-out times for overnight stays?
- Campsite check-in time is 3:00 pm or later, and check-out time is 1:00 pm or earlier.
- Check-in time for cottages and getaway rentals is 4:00 pm, and check-out time is 11:00 am or earlier.
Are all Ohio State Park campgrounds using the reservation system?
- Yes - All 56 Ohio State Park campgrounds use the reservation system
Can you tell me about the Ohio State Parks Gift Card
- The Ohio State Parks gift cards are available for purchase in any dollar amount and are used by park staff as an alternative to rain checks and some forms of refunds
- Gift cards can be used to make reservations for any of the 56 Ohio State Parks campgrounds, getaway rentals, and cottages at Buck Creek, Cowan Lake, Dillon, Hocking Hills, Lake Hope, Mohican, Pike Lake, and Pymatuning • They can also be used at any state-operated retail facility
- Gift cards can be used at any of the concessioned Ohio State Park lodges or concessioned cottages
- Gift cards cannot be used at any of the concessioned retail locations.
Can I purchase gift certificates that can be redeemed at the Ohio State Park Lodges?
- YES - The Ohio State Park resort lodges, with the exception of the Lodge at Geneva, now accept the Ohio State park gift cards
- You can order online , by calling 614-265-6561, or at most state park offices
- The resort lodges also offer their own gift certificates, which can be obtained by contacting the specific resort lodge directly