1. Dam Name: German Farm Dam
2. Estimate height of dam in feet - 6'
3. Dam Type:
a) earthfill dam ____
b) concrete arch dam __X__
c) gravity dam ____
d) masonry dam ____
e) timber cribs ____
f) other, please explain - Original dam was timber cribs and was modified to concrete dam.
4. Location Description: German Farm Dam, Allen County, Dam ID# 1217. North East of the city of Delphos on the Auglaize River ½ mile upstream (south of) the Paulding Co. line in Allen County.
Image of dam location from Bing. Lattitude: 40.858372 Longitude: -84.289472
5. Year Constructed: Estimated to be 1930s Year Removed: 2012
6. Dam Owner:
a) public __X__
b) private ____
c) abandoned ____
a) generate hydropower ____
b) irrigation ____
c) domestic water supply ____
d) navigation ____
e) flood control ____
f) recreation __X__
g) industrial water supply ____
h) unknown _____
8. What repairs have been done to the dam? Erosion control on both banks has been done in the past. No repairs were completed on the dam structure itself
9. Reason(s) for Removal:
a) aesthetic enhancement _____
b) fish and wildlife habitat improvement __X__
c) cost savings ____
d) community revitalization ____
e) public safety hazard __X__
f) water quality improvement __X__
g) recreational improvement ____
h) alternative to dam ____
10. Project Sponsor (who initiated project): ODNR Division of Wildlife.
11. Dam Removal Funding Sources:
a) federal __X__
b) state __X__
c) local governmental agencies ____
d) other (please explain) ____
12. Cost of Dam Removal: $ 48,750.00
13. List all Contractors by Name, include Address and Telephone #:
1) Genesis Contracting, Inc. 6505 Angola Rd., Holland, OH 43528 (419)866-5971
c) municipal ____
a) before removal__X__
b) during removal__X__
c) after removal __X__
a) before removal: None
b) during removal: None
c) after removal: Unhappy landowners upstream
a) Estimated Reservoir Area in acres____
b) Composition of river bed: River bed is a mixture of sand, gravel, cobble, and bedrock
c) Types of Fish caught in the river: : typical stream with sportfish including, smallmouth, largemouth, catfish, and sunfish.
d) Water Quality
i) behind the dam Good______ Fair__X__ Poor__X__
ii) below the dam Good__X__ Fair______ Poor______
18. Were any studies of the river conducted before the dam was removed?
19. Have studies been conducted on the river after the dam was removed to document changes in the river?